By detecting, classifying, localising and (where applicable) tracking all sorts of audible threats, such as:
- Small Arms Fire (SAF)
- Rockets, Artillery and Mortars (RAM)
- Aerial threats ( unmanned aerial vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and cruise missiles)
From all kinds of platforms:
- Unattended Ground Sensors
- Ground Vehicles
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Dismounted soldiers
Enabler for Microflown AVISA is its proprietary acoustic sensor, the Microflown, the world’s first and only dedicated acoustic particle velocity sensor.
Any sound field can be completely described by two quantities:
- Sound pressure
- Acoustic particle velocity
If compared to the electrical domain:
- sound pressure would be the equivalent of volt ( driving force)
- acoustic particle velocity the equivalent of amperes ( the current)
The MEMS technology based sensor was invented in 1994 by Hans-Elias de Bree, co-founder of Microflown, at the University of Twente in Enschede, the Netherlands.
Microflown AVISA’s products and capabilities are used for anti poaching in Africa, protecting rhinos and elephants from being killed for unjustifiable reasons.